Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
Chronic Urticaria problem

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

Chronic Urticaria problem

Dear Sir i am a petient of chronic usticaria, from last 7 years, now i taking some medicines which is Enocet (Cetrizine Hydrochlodride Tab., but i want to plan for pregnancy,and i am worried about baby.is it harm for baby?or can i take this medicine in pregnancy?& i want to know that medicine will affect on brest milk?
Unfortunately, there is no good evidence regarding the safety of this medicine during pregnancy.  It was not shown to be teratogenic in animal studies, but adequate studies have not been conducted in pregnant women.  The official recommendation is that it be used during pregnancy, only if clearly needed.  And, this caution is very similar to that regarding the whole class of antihistamines.  Also, cetirizine does enter breast milk and it is not recommended during lactation.

I suggest that you ask your urticaria doctor to have a conversation with your obstetrician regarding the management of your urticaria, during your pregnancy.

Good luck.
Dear sir  thanks for ur good advise, & which types of medicines should take by Chronic Urticaria petient who gives us perament solution of this problem?bcz i am face it from last  7 years.please give me advise.

please help me as soon as possible,

thanks