Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
Dust allergy

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

Dust allergy

I have severe dust allergy.. I am wondering if my baby would also have the same when it's born... Currently am in Bangkok for my delivery and the atmosphere here is less polluted as compared to India (where I will return) where I will be living and the baby as well.. Pla advice what can be done other than taking a flu shot
Allergy to dust is a commonly inherited condition, so your baby has an increased risk of being predisposed to having allergies.  .  The development of asthma by an infant, for example, is dependent on a number of factors including genetic but the clinical outcome of either having or not having asthma is based on other factors beyond those inherited and one of these can clearly be exposure, both acute and chronic, to highly polluted air.  If you have a choice regarding where you and your baby will reside, you should opt for a cleaner air environment.

Taking a flu shot annually is wise but will not effect the preceding.

Good luck to you and your baby.