Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
Ever since the hurricane..

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

Ever since the hurricane..

I've been having a shortness of breath... and a lot of random skin itchiness/rashes throughout my body... The rash/itchiness is generally just something that comes and goes, and its just flat red... not a particular rash. The shortness of breath gets worse when im laying down trying to go to bed, any ideas?

I've been to my GP a few times now... and he's run a couple blood tests on me, and he said my physical was fine too, cant get a diagnosis.
What you are experiencing, rash and shortness of breath, could be associated with your exposure to an allergic substance, an infectious agent (for example bacteria) or an irritant, encountered during or after the hurricane.

Shortness of breath can be a symptom of heart disease, lung disease (especially asthma)  or anxiety, the last suggested by worsening when you lie down and sometimes associated with what are called panic attacks.  Another cause of shortness of breath that worsens when lying down would be heart failure.  Your doctor might want to check a chest X-ray and a breathing test (pulmonary function test).

Good luck