Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
Face reactions for over a year

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

Face reactions for over a year

Hey, i'm 17 years old and i suffer from a peanut allergy. I also have eczema. For over a year now i keep getting face reactions and i avoid peanuts so its nothing to do with nuts. I have gone through numerous amount of steroids for the past year. they help but not for a long time its just a short term. By progressing through the year, I've noticed my reactions become worse. My face gets hot, it looks blistered and burnt, very sore and itchy. I moisturize, I avoid all parabens and SLS and parrafin  but nothing is helping. Lately I have been referred back to a dermatologist, its just a long wait. They want me to undergo a patch test and think I may be allergic to hair dye but i haven't dyed my hair in ages. Its embarrasing having this on my face and all over my body, i dont like pictures, its affecting my day to day life. also i have the implant contraception could this be a cause?
Eczema is associated a number of allergic substances but more often a specific cause is not often found.  However, the fact that your eczema is progressing is cause for you to take further action.   I suggest that you contact one of the physicians at National Jewish Health in Denver, Colorado; one of a group of physicians who do research on eczema, and have great experience and understanding of the causes and treatment of eczema.  His name is Dr. Mark Boguniewicz.  You or your doctor can speak to him and make an appointment for you to be evaluated by calling 877.225.5654.

Good luck