Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
Finger Tingles after Flue Shot
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Finger Tingles after Flue Shot

Last week I received my annual flu shot.  The next day my pinky finger started to tingle and has continued for the past four days. The finger is on the arm where the shot was administered.  Might this be related, and if so how should I treat it?
Thanx,
Joel
Related Discussions
242588_tn?1224275300
It could just be a chance occurrence but, starting within 24 hours after your shot it is suspicious for the two to be related.   I could find no reports of this type of very localized complication and thus no recommended treatment.  The good news is that if the vaccine and the tingling are related, the tingling should gradually subside.  If it does not resolve within another week, or if it worsens or spreads to other parts of your body, you should consult with your physician.

Let’s hope that it just goes away.
2 Comments
Blank
Thank you.  
I also received word from the folks who administered the vaccine that they had a few other reports of a similar response and that in a brief period (generally two to three weeks) it subsides.
I much appreciate your response.
Thank you and have a very Happy Thanksgiving.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
242587_tn?1355427710
David Tinkelman, M.D.Blank
National Jewish Health
Denver, CO
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker