Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
Finger Tingles after Flue Shot

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

Finger Tingles after Flue Shot
Last week I received my annual flu shot.  The next day my pinky finger started to tingle and has continued for the past four days. The finger is on the arm where the shot was administered.  Might this be related, and if so how should I treat it?
Thanx,
Joel
It could just be a chance occurrence but, starting within 24 hours after your shot it is suspicious for the two to be related.   I could find no reports of this type of very localized complication and thus no recommended treatment.  The good news is that if the vaccine and the tingling are related, the tingling should gradually subside.  If it does not resolve within another week, or if it worsens or spreads to other parts of your body, you should consult with your physician.

Let’s hope that it just goes away.
Thank you.  
I also received word from the folks who administered the vaccine that they had a few other reports of a similar response and that in a brief period (generally two to three weeks) it subsides.
I much appreciate your response.
Thank you and have a very Happy Thanksgiving.