Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
Help!

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

Help!
I'm a 15 year old girl, I've never had any symptoms of asthma , but about 5 days ago I started having shortness of breath, and I can not get a deep enough breath unless I yawn hugely. Sometimes the yawns don't even help, wich make my lungs very uncomfortable , like I'm drowning almost. I really hate it , will it go away? Can asthma just appear?
Yes, asthma can have a rapid onset.  However what you describe, specifically “cannot get a deep enough breath”  and the urge to “yawn hugely” is more suggestive of anxiety than of asthma.  I suggest that you arrange to see your doctor for a physical examination, chest X-ray and breathing test to resolve the question of whether you do or do not have asthma.

Good luck
Trust me u don't have it bad i grew up with the harsh reality since i was 2 that i could probably die soon and nearly did that is not asthma more likely its stress