Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
Hives of unknown etiology
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Hives of unknown etiology

Hello,
I have been suffering with hives since July. Have went to dermatologist. Had Biopsy. Appears as contact allergy. Not medication related. The only new anything exposed to was the Nuva Ring which I stopped a month ago. I thought it would be more local than systemic and wasn't sure if the biopsy would be accurate in this situation. Upon stopping-hives gradually went away then completely disappeared. This has only been in a month and a half time period. This am I am broke out again. I really don't feel that this is an allergy. Gut Feeling. Are there any autoimmune disorders or other conditions that could do this to me? Yes I am severly stressed, but have been for a few years I have just this past summer started breaking out. Initial breakouts were severe. All over my legs. Arms, Hips, hands, feet, knees. Never my face or chest or back. Same areas now, but not as severe as initially. Still get quite a few. The itching is intense, and the welts look awful. They will go away with Zyrtec or Allegra but seem to return when the med is stopped. Due for allergy testing in Jan, but like I said I really don't feel this is what is going on. Please advise.