Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
Hives on 6 year old, worried
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Hives on 6 year old, worried

My 6 year old daughter has had hives for 3 weeks. They started out really bad, head to toe and then slowly with the help of Zrytec got better but only when taking that. She seems fine otherwise- she did complain of feeling "blah" as she said and then saying her stomach hurt a couple times. She can only go about 1 day or less and the hives come back without meds. I took her to the ER because the itching was so severe one night and she's missed 1 week of school. They gave me a steroid. My question is, when should I be worried? I made an appt with an allergist however looking online I see internal diseases can start hives (ie. lupus, cancer). She had CPCs (plexus cysts in the brain that they monitor for a few weeks) and benign external hydrocephalus as a baby which all worked out fine but I get nervous. Any ideas?