Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
Hives
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Hives

I developed hives 2 months ago.  They are worse in the morning and fade through the day.  I saw an allergist and tests were completed.  I have a positive ANA with titer of 1:640.  All other tests were negative: TSH, C3 complement, C4 complement, A Microsmal AB, Anti Thyroid Antibody, Anti-DNA, Sjogren Antibody Anti-SSB and Anti-SSA, Anti-ENA Ribonucleprotein, Anti-ENA Smith Antigen, Anti-Ribosomal P Antibody Ribosomal P Protein AB.  I took a prednisone schedule, they cleared up, and went I tapered off them I got the hives back.  I do have a history of hypothyoid and PCOS for 18 years.  I have no allergies and I never get sick (probably 5 times in my life).  I am stress-free and exercise 5 times a week.  The only time I ever had hives before was 20 years ago as a child.  I saw an allergist then and there was no found cause.  I took Benedryl and they were gone in 4 months.  I have no idea to any cause then or now.