Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
Hives
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Hives

I am an african-american woman. A large bright red hive patch has suddenly (yesterday) appeared in my chest. It is very itchy and I am worried about what it can be. I have recently (2 weeks ago) began taking Chantix to assist me in stopping smoking. In August, I broke out, in what the doctors called "pityriasis rosea." This was a very traumatic time for me because I almost looked like a monster. This event lasted a good two months. I was never able to identify the "herald patch." Ninety percent of the rash is gone, I am left with the dark spots which the dermatologist said would all eventually go away. What do you think this latest thing is?