Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
How long does it take antibiotics to work?

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

I'm 12 days into a cold/laryngitis. The Dr. prescribed Amox TR-K CLV 875-125 mg, 2x a day for 5 days for a sinus infection & bronchitis. My usual problem is inflammation after a cold which lingers and sometimes requires prednisone for asthma. I haven't had a bacterial infection in a long time... and not even sure if this is a true bacterial infection. I am a faithful netipot user :)  How long should it take for this medicine to work if this is really bacterial? I'm only taking it for 5 days which seemed short. Thanks!
If you have a bacterial infection and if the bacterium is sensitive to the “Amox TR-K CLV 875-125 mg”, you should experience some sign and/or symptom relief in three days or less.  Stick with the netipot and be sure to take the antibiotic for the full five days.  The usual recommendation is that antibiotic therapy for acute bacterial sinusitis should be administered for two weeks or longer.  Some experts recommend four weeks.

Good luck