Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
I have a cough when exercising, but it is 100 % not an Asthma

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

Hi doctor, I have a very rare issue regarding my breathing problem during exercise!
About 5 years ago I was working in the Bakery as an oven operator for a couple of years, and I had dealt with a lot of smoke that were coming from those ovens so I had to breathe it very long
When I tried to play soccer someday, or just doing other sport activity that involves running, I had noticed that after I get tired especially when I started to breathe very frequently I begin to cough, and it only stops after I stop doing running
As soon as I noticed this problem, I decided to see a chest specialist doctor to see if I had an Asthma or bronchioles problems, but after a couple of these test procedures that he made for me, the Asthma in me wasn’t found!  Eventually I got prescribed by this doctor a couple of puffers, which some of them were against Asthma and some of them were not, but after trying them all the result was unsuccessful, and I was also scanned my lungs for a couple of times during the year to see if I had any problem with it as well, but again these result was not crowned with success!
I wonder if you doctor have experienced treating this type of desease and have some knowledge otr idea of how to treat it (if I hope it is treatable at all)!

Thank you for your recommendations doctor!
What you have experienced is suggestive of the diagnosis of what is often referred to as Cough Variant Asthma.  In addition there is a condition caused by allergy to wheat flour, called “Baker’s Asthma.”  An inborn allergy to wheat and asthma may well have combined to produced an asthmatic cough.

The failed therapeutic trial of asthma inhalers does not exclude that diagnosis.  I suggest that you revisit the chest specialist to discuss this possibility and review your anti-asthmatic treatment to be sure that it was both prescribed optimally and was used in optimal fashion by you.  

While you may no longer be working in the bakery, there is a significant number of allergens that exhibit cross-over activity with wheat. Current exposure to such could be the cause of your current problems.

Until proven otherwise, I would suspect that you have asthma, eosinophilic bronchitis or a condition that can mimic one or both of these.

Good luck
Thank you David, I hope the point that you made is very true about me. I will try to bring your notes to my chest doctor so he might be able to do something right about it !
I very hope I get rid of this someday!