Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
Is this asthma, allergies, anxiety, or something else?

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

I've been having problems breathing (especially exhaling) for the past 3 days. It happened a few minutes after I sat back up from the floor (I was laying down on my side) and I thought I was sort of hyperventilating. Anyway, I felt a little better today. I didn't get dizzy like I did the first day I got this so I was able to do shopping.

Other symptoms I had recently were eye twitching and sometimes palpitations (I've had a few palpitations and a little bit of achy pain especially under the arm pit when I am stressed out or depressed. I've started noticing this in December of 2011, when I was having relationship problems). I also have scoliosis (mild). I have read that palpitations and eye lid twitching occurs especially when you are stressed, etc which makes sense since these symptoms started when I just got tired of problems at work, at home, and about my future, which is about a week or two ago.

I also had bronchitis a few times in the past and sometimes lung problems because I was too stubborn to spit out the phlegm when I was sick. Some doctors gave me inhalers because they thought I had asthma. Another thing, I got a terrible sickness with breathing problems and coughing (I couldn't breathe at all since my throat or something closed but managed to breathe normally again) from mold 2 years ago. Maybe that might be something too?

I'm going to go to the doctor, but since I have had terrible experiences with doctors, I just wanted to know what to expect and what you guys might think is wrong with me.

Sorry for the long question description. Thank you very much!
It appears from your note that stress plays a significant role in the appearance of symptoms that you experience.  It is unlikely that you are having a respiratory problem, such as asthma or bronchitis from what you have described, but may be experiencing symptoms from the stress that you are facing.  It is hard to say what the physician will say or do when you visit.  It will depend a lot on what is found on the physical examination and possibly a lung function test.

Seeing a physician is a good idea to help sort out what you are experiencing and what to do about it.