Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
Itchy feet
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Itchy feet

Ok...I have one that is sure to stump you.  For over a month I have had a case of itchy feet. The tops of my feet get wrinkly (with or without my itching them).  They are not hives, but appear to be like when you get a print after sitting on the carpet.  Only on the tops of my feet, but today the "wrinkles" seem to spread up my ankles and legs.  The itchiness also sometimes affects my hands.  But only my feet and hands. I am an ER nurse, so I have basic knowledge of weird skin diseases.  I've talked to the ER docs, and of course, they just think I'm weird.  I've ruled out contact dermatitis, diet (since it seems pretty localized).  It happens intermittantly at different times of the day, and eventually will go away.  I have tried Benadryl, which works in that it puts me to sleep and out of my misery.  So do you think I have a chronic illness?  Is there any hope for a cure besides taking antihistamines every day?