Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
Pain behind right eye when I sneeze

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

Pain behind right eye when I sneeze

This only started like a month ago. Before when I sneezed there was no pain, and it acctually felt pretty good. I dont not try to stop my sneezes or anything like that. It just feels like pressure behind my eye. I was just wondering if it may be anything serious. Thank you.
Tags: sneezing, Eye, Pain
The issue of concern here is the pressure/pain behind your eye.  Pain in the eye can occur in or behind the eye without any visible sign of eye infection or inflammation.  However, in this circumstance if the pupil in the painful eye is smaller than the pupil in the other eye that could be a sign of serious diseases that include glaucoma, dissection (a tear in the lining of the the carotid artery that, by the way, can occur with hard sneezing), increased pressure within the skull or arteritis (disease of the blood vessels, in this case the vessels that deliver blood to the brain, either in or outside the skull).  

These conditions can cause eye pain either with or without a change in the pupil size and that is why I strongly recommend that you arrange to be examined by an eye specialist (an Ophthamologist) without any further delay.

I would be very curious to know the cause of your pain/pressure.

Good luck