Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
Penicillin reaction?

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

Penicillin reaction?

Hello I'm a male who's allergic to penicillin. I engaged in unprotected oral sex. It just so happened to be that the person was still recovering from a nose job and I know penicillin is often prescribed. Can penicillin thrive in saliva? My testicles seem irritated almost like an allergic reaction.
High concentrations of swallowed oral penicillin can be found in saliva within the first ten minutes after the tablet is taken and may persist for 40 minutes or more, in concentrations higher than in the blood.  It is thus theoretically possible that your penis could have come in contact with the oral penicillin.  

The development of high saliva concentrations of oral penicillin can be prevented by the use of coated saliva resistant penicillin tablets.