Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
Questionable Rash

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

Questionable Rash
I'm not even sure if its an allergic reaction, but it started out as a bite on my leg that originally looked like a scab from my angle. On closer observation, the scab turned out to be a bunch of little black line marks. I dismissed it at first. But as of last week (April 2 2012) it got worse. it swelled, it got uncontrollably itchy, i put on cortisone, it didn't help. Toward the end of last week, it expanded itself. It now looks like a rash an inch and a half in diameter. The rash is bumpy, contained to one spot for the most part, but on my right leg, literally opposite of the rash on my left leg, another little rash started to form. the bottom of the thigh where the original rash could very well touch that area, I have 4 gnarly bites that i think is also spreading. I have several other bite looking things around the rash that could or could not be related to it. I have a doctors appointment next week, but curiosity is killing me.  
Judging from your description of these “rashes” and the fact that they are limited to your legs, your suspicion of bites is warranted.  Unless you have been spending time in the great outdoors, while wearing shorts, the most likely site of the bites would be your bed;  spider bites or otherwise in the category of “bed bugs”.  The other possibility is that these rashes are a reflection of contact dermatitis; that is, something coming in contact with your legs, to which you are allergic, such as a fabric, a dry-cleaning substance or a laundry detergent.

Pus makes it more likely that this is not allergy, may well be insect bites and that the bites are infected.  If this is truly pus, you will need antibiotic therapy. Please make an appointment to see your Doctor or health care provider.

Good luck
Oh and i forgot to mention all the 'bites' and the rash itself is pus filled.