Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
Reading Blood test results

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

Reading Blood test results
My eight year old has a  .15 allergic reaction to Bermuda grass.  Is that bad?  Should I tear out the lawn?
I’m not sure what a “.15 allergic reaction” is but your question suggests that it was a strongly positive reaction.  The first thing you should do is to discuss the significance of this reaction with the doctor who ordered the allergy testing.  No, you should not “tear out the lawn.”  A positive skin or blood test does not mean that your son is actually reacting to the Bermuda grass.  And, even if he were reacting to it there are less radical actions to be taken before tearing out the grass, including avoidance of the grass before and after mowing, medicine during the grass season, and strict avoidance of the grass during and after mowing.

Good luck.