Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
Red irritated rash
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Red irritated rash

I have a small rash on my chest. about the size of a quarter. I noticed it on tuesday. I suffer from eczema through out my life all over my body. I am practicing hot yoga and have been doing so for the past 30 days. I used Hydrocortizone cream and nothing is happening. The rash is slightly warm to the touch. I am not sure if this is eczema, heat rash or something more serious?
242587_tn?1355427710
Assuming this is a red rash and not a darkly pigmented lesion, the rash may pose the threat of spreading but is unlikely to be otherwise dangerous.  Having observed eczema all your life this rash should be distinguishable from that.  From your description this could be anything from allergy, to skin disorders of unknown cause, to infection (bacterial or fungal, for example ringworm).  I would caution against further use of hydrocortisone cream for if this is infection the cream could make it worse.

Given that this rash is not clearing on its own, I suggest that you have a doctor or his nurse take a look at it.

Good luck.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
242587_tn?1355427710
David Tinkelman, M.D.Blank
National Jewish Health
Denver, CO
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank