Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
Risks of using EpiPen Autoinjector

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

Risks of using EpiPen Autoinjector
I have a severe bee and wasp allergy, and I'm afraid that I might inject myself in a "false alarm" situation, believing myself to be stung when I actually haven't been.  We have wasps in the neighborhood, and while pruning some shrubs, the pricks from the spruce needles can feel remarkably like a wasp sting.  What are the effects of the EpiPen if I'm not actually suffering from an anaphylactic reaction?  If this happens, should I still seek medical attention? I don't foresee this being a chronic problem, but it could happen and I'd like to have the right information if it does.  Thanks.
A related discussion, alergies to the epipen was started.