Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
Shortness of breath

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

Shortness of breath

I for the past month or so have been having spouts of shortness of breath everyday. It shows up while doing light usual activities as well as just doing nothing. The past couple of days I have started to have chest tightening. I feel worn down and tired. I also have a slight cold or allergies not for sure which one, just runny nose and mucus. My husband started tripping last night when I guess I went to sit back and sit back up, and didn't know I did it. Any help on what this possibly might be would be greatly appreciated.  
Bouts of shortness of breath along with chest tightness can occur with heart or lung disease; as can feeling worn down and tired.  If you have not, in the past, experienced these symptoms, you ought to see your doctor, to have this checked-out.  There is a wide range of heart and lung diseases, including diseases of the heart muscle and blood clots to the lungs, as well as more benign causes such as asthma,  chronic fatigue and panic attacks.

I am impressed enough with your description to suggest that you arrange to see your doctor to make sure that none of the more serious diseases are the cause of your symptoms.

Good luck