Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
Small itchy bumps with clear puss....allergic reaction to fragrance?

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

I get little bumps that are itchy and filled with clear puss on my fingers. I get it sometimes on my toes as well, but not as bad as my fingers. I went to my doctor a while ago and she said that I'm allergic to fragrance. She said it would have to be because of my lotion. I was never allergic to fragrance before. Sometimes i use fragrances lotion and nothing happens, but other times i do still get the bumps. My question is....is she correct? Do i need to stop using fragrances lotion. Is it because I have dry skin? Is there a popular fragrance that people are allergic to?
I just got these bumps on my fingers after being in the sun. I have had them before, but didn't know what they were. An additional item to consider. I also received a fever blister at the same time. It was on my lip and on my skin near my lip. I believe I rubbed my finger on it. I read that fever blisters can form on your fingers from rubbing it during the secretion phase. I believe these bumps are either 1. an allergic reaction or 2. a fever blister/herpes simplex 1 infection.

I'm currently leaning towards the fever blister theory. I did this by opening some of the bumps and itching it more. This then caused more bumps to form near by the original bumps one day later. This would mean it is an infection, because I had the previous bump for a while. Whatever I was alergic (allergic) to had already been washed off days before. I had not been exposed to any thing else either. I think these bumps are fever blisters! They just act a little different than ones on your lip. In addition, I read that fever blisters can be on your lips, face, mouth or FINGERS!

I also read that exposure to sunshine can cause fever blisters!!
I get blisters on the thumb side palm of my hand when i eat to much wheat and dairy--its a rare form of eczema a dermatologist told me.
sonds like an std you *****
A related discussion, ITCHY BUMPS. was started.