Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
Swollen Eyes

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

Swollen Eyes
My 4 yr old son has swollen eyes bad enough that the inside of his eyes are outside. Mainly on his left eye. His sinus is congested. Benedryl is being given every 4 hours, just to keep the swelling down for him to see. Regular Dr. is at a loss, waiting on allergy test results. What can I give him to help???Tried Clartin and Zertec. Dr. put him on a steriod to help with swelling
I am sorry but it would be inappropriate for me to recommend treatment on this site and I would not even be able to do so without knowing the cause of your son’s swollen eyes.  From your description, this eye swelling is severe and I am certain that both you and your son yearn for some relief while awaiting the allergy test results, that may or may not provide a cause for the eye swelling.  In the meantime, you and his doctor may want to seek a 2nd opinion from an eye specialist (ophthalmologist).  The cause that should be of greatest concern to both of you would be infection that, if the cause, should be treated immediately.  Do not hesitate to request a 2nd opinion.

Good luck