Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
Telephone Allergy - Electronic Pollution

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

Is anyone else suffering from an allergic reaction to either the electronic pollution or a substance in phones?  Most people who have this allergic reaction get rashes.   I gradually get hoarse and cough whenever I talk on the phone.
Experiencing hoarseness and cough when talking on the phone, as a result of an allergic reaction, must be extremely rare, if it occurs at all.  A much more likely cause is the unconscious modification of vocal cord use when talking on the phone; that is, in a fashion associated with increased tension/stress on the cords, leading to hoarseness and cough.  I recommend that you consult with a speech pathologist to see if speech therapy might resolve your problem.

Good luck.