Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
Water running out of nose

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

Water running out of nose

When ever i bend over or tilt my head a water like substance just rushes out of my nose with no control, what is this?? and what can i do to stop it?
The water like substance is probably drainage from your sinuses, the rate and amount of flow being position related.  You might try bending over and tilting your head, in private, 3 to 4 times daily to reduce the flow in public.  It may also be a sign of allergic rhinitis, which is inflammation of the nose and/or sinuses due to allergies.  You might want to work with your doctor to see if between the 2 of you, you might be able to identity, and then avoid, potential allergens.  You might also ask if a trial of a prescription nasal steroid spray might reduce the drainage.

Good luck.