Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
Weird feeling in throat

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

Weird feeling in throat
Over the years i have on and off experienced my throat feeling like its closing or something is stuck and i tend to need to cough. This happens maybe on and off for a few days then its done till the next time. Is there anything I can do at home to stop this?
“Over the years” is the key phrase in your post.  That suggests that what you have experienced, while recurrent, is not getting worse.  This would not be characterized as a chronic cough.  The cause could vary from post-nasal drip to acid reflux or even a vocal cord problem.  Without knowing the cause it is not possible to make a recommendation of how to stop it.  

I suspect this is more a nuisance condition, rather than a serious problem if this sensation begins to occur more frequently or if the episodes begin to last longer, you would do well to arrange for a consultation at the nearest Cough Clinic.  Most all University Hospital Systems have cough clinics.

Good luck