Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
What is it?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

What is it?

For the last three months I have had at least weekly pain and aching in my upper right molars. This pain then radiates up into my head and it is hard to differentiate between a headache or toothache. At the same time, I have stuffiness and other sinus symptoms. Allergy testing was normal about a year ago. I saw a neurologist who attributed it to migraine and put me on Topamax. So far it is not working, but I am on a low dose of 25 mgs for now. I just don't buy the migraine theory. I really believe it's my sinuses, but my internist does not believe it's sinusitis and did not want to treat with antibiotics. Insurance denied a sinus cat scan without antibiotic course first :0 Could you please offer some insight as to what this could be and what else I can look into? I saw a dentist and endodontist and ruled out any teeth problems. Thanks!