Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
Why do i keep getting constant infections due to my dustmite allergy

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

Hi there, i constantly suffer with post nasal drip, which i have been informed is due to house dust mites, and have sprays prescribed, yet dont work, and have been declining over the past 4 years....... I am also being treated for GERD, as this has damaged my espogogeous... But am stage where im constantly suffering with tonsil stones, white bloods counts are constantly affected, and numerous upper respiratory infections and dont understand why...  Altho under ENT, shudnt i be with an Immunologist...  Im so confused, have a good immune system, yet past 5 months have knocked stuffing out of me.... Could i ask for infusion to help with dustmite allergy, which may help and get me back to normality again........ Many thanks :)
I would suggest that you have this problem evaluated again.  It is possible that this is not an allergic condition but a chronic inflammation or infection of your sinuses.  Although it is possible that you have dust mite allergy, and only dust mite allergy, this would be very unusual.  It is also possible that there is a problem with your immune system that is not protecting you against respiratory infections.  I suggest you see a specialist that deals with these types of problems and then you can be in a better position to better understand what is going on.