Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
allergic to spouse

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

allergic to spouse

Is it possible yo allergic to another person. My wife seems to break out when we get close. She cut my hair and the other day and broke out in a rash. We have tried to stay cleat from each other until we figure it out. What kind if doctor do we need to see . Any help would be appreciated. This is stressing me out a lot.
It would be very rare for one person to truly be allergic to some biologic property of another person.  It would be much more likely that she is having allergic reactions to some product that you are applying to your body.  It would be interesting to determine if she has had similar reactions when in close proximity to others.

An Allergist would be the right kind of doctor to see.  But, before you do, you should take a careful inventory of everything you apply to your body on a regular or frequently intermittent basis and take that inventory/list with you to the Allergist.

Good luck