Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
allergy and alcohol

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

allergy and alcohol
I am 20 n I have asthma since i was small.. Ive been drinking for few years and I was wondering what the effects are for those ppl who have asthma and drink alcohol. I also had "heart problem" twice when I drank alcohol, such as my heart starting to hurt.Does anyone have this kind of problem too? Or is this happening just because of alcohol? I read most of people have breathing problem, skin problem or coughing while drinking but I do not seem to have that. Should I be quitting to drink?
Drinking in moderation should have no bad effect on your lungs or cause your asthma to be worse.  Some people are allergic to just one or more types of hard liquor, the most common being to gin.  Such allergy could possibly bring on an asthma attack.

Also, alcohol should not cause a heart problem.