Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
allergy to Neosporin
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

allergy to Neosporin

I burned myself cooking 2 weeks ago. The burns themselves weren't too bad because I attended to them quickly. I applied a burn relieving gel to them immediately to relieve the pain and to stop the burn progression. The next day, I started to apply neosporin to keep it from getting infected. Instead, I broke into a huge rash everywhere the neosporin was applied. I ended up going to the hospital because the rash was so bad and was prescribed prednisone, famotidine, and cephalexin. Everything was healing well once i started the medication about a week ago, but now it seems the wounds are infected again because they are pussing really badly. I finished taking the prednisone and famotidine and still have another day left of taking the cephalexin. I keep aquaphor on them to protect my skin but I was wondering if there was anything else I can do to get rid of the infection. Please help!