Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
allergy to psyllium husk??
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank

allergy to psyllium husk??

Hi,
yesterday i took a psyllium husk pill for the first time. About an hour after taking it i began to notice my nose running, sneezing, and some post nasal drip with somewhat of a sore throat. I had no problems up until then. All through my childhood up until about 5 years ago I had fought extreme allergy problems. Mostly due to grass pollen, tree pollen and dust. My allergies mysteriously disappeared about 5 years ago and have only had a few bad cases. Anyway, this morning my nose is still congested as well as a mild sore throat from my post nasal drip im sure. I read somewhere that people who are allergic to grass pollen could have an allergic reaction to psyllium husk. Is this true? Does it sound like my symptoms indicate that i may be allergic to psyllium? I am not going to take anymore until I find out. Also, should i expect this to clear up soon if it is the case? Thanks for the help.