Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
asthma and pregnancy

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

asthma and pregnancy
Hi im 17 im about to be 18 in two weeks and i was wondering, i just found out i was pregnant, can my asthma complicate my pregnancy?
Yes, asthma can complicate one’s pregnancy.  Asthma worsens in about 1/3 of all pregnancies, remains relatively unchanged in another 1/3 and may improve in 1/3.  The most important thing is that you work closely with your doctor to maintain good control of the asthma, while pregnant for your safety and that of your baby.  Uncontrolled or poorly controlled asthma can be harmful to you, your baby or both.  Fortunately the good news is that the medications used for asthma control pose minimal or no risk to either one of you.

Good luck