Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
barometric pressure change

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

barometric pressure change

I have been diagnosed with non allergic rhinitis, though I have one allergy which is to dustmites.  Is it common to feel bad when the barometric pressure changes?  By bad, I mean irritiable, tired, depressed, sinus headache, sinus pressure, dizziness, eye strain, brain fog, etc.  When the weather changes, I feel very bad.  I live in Oregon, so that means every other day during the winter I feel bad. Does weather affect you in that way, or is it something else?
Weather can affect a person, in most of the ways you describe, if the weather is cloudy/rainy much of the time and a person is susceptible to depression, in response to that.  The sinus headache and sinus pressure can worsen in response to changes in barometric pressure.
Hey i was thinking i had the same problem. everytime its cloudy out or rainy i seem to have dizziness and lots of sinus pressure and im pretty tired too.
I thought i was the only one like this
I have been thinking about trying a neti pot, which is a pot where you put warm salty water and pour it into your nose. It is suppose to clean out your sinus area and help the swelling.  I don't like the feeling of drowning, so I have been relunctant to try it, but a friend of mine has been using it and says it makes all the difference in the world. Have you heard of a neti pot?
A change in barometric pressure definately affects my sinuses.  I have a Neti Pot, have had it for over 2 weeks now, and havent gotten up the nerve to try it yet.  I know that people that do use it have a huge improvement in their sinus problems.  I am going to do it......eventually.
Where did you buy your neti pot?
yep i have one... its not an actual neti pot though...i got mine from na ENT it works the same way though ..its a bottle you squeeze and shoots water through your nose and comes out the other side....it doesn't feel like your drowning. it feels sort of refreshing! the thing is it doesnt help me...my nose never runs and is never clogged up and i still feel tons of pressure a lot of it in my ear.Feels as if my ear is swollen or something.  im going to an allergist soon and see what he says..no one can seem to find anything.
Good luck with your neti pots :) you will love it
I bought a neti pot at walmart. I have used it twice. It doesn't feel like I am drowning. I feel like it helped my nose but just moved my congestion to my throat.  I have been having to clear my throat and cough.  Of course, it has started raining where I live and that seems to affect me. My nose itches, my eyes burn, my throat feels bad...I love winter time...no, not really.  I guess I'll try the netipot again and maybe take a sudafed. Do you suffer worse in the winter time?