Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
blood in mucus

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

blood in mucus
I have had a runny nose now for about a over a week or so.  When I blow my nose in the morning  mucus comes out as light yellow, white and blood all mixed. Then as the day progresses the mucus turns more white and blood. Sometimes it is a little bit of blood and sometimes it is a good amount. My throat has also been hurting for over 2 weeks. It was really bad at first as if i was getting a cold but i never did and it slowly started to get better but it still hasnt disappeared and now it feels like a different, more like real pain when i eat or drink something. I am not sure what it can be since some people say it is allergies but i dont think it is. Also, how can I solve this issue?
What you describe sounds more like a bad upper respiratory (nose, throat sinuses) infection that will probably require treatment with an antibiotic.  It does not at all suggest an allergic reaction.

If you have not yet seen a doctor for this problem, you should without delay
Its a sinus infection. I get them a lot. There's blood because u been blowing ur nose either too hard or/and too often.  Be careful of that because it can get worse.
Oh ya! Use a sinus rinse to help clear it up. Its like when u get a cut, u keep it clean once or twice a day for a faster and better healing. But ya this sinus infection normally last around 10 days but with this wacky weather don't be surprised if once this goes away it may; a lil or a lot; feel like it came back. But with that sinus rinse it also helps u have less of them. Also try zertec d for this. If its really bad or just a regular zertec if not too bad. That's what i also take and is doctor approved. I am 3 and 1/2 months prego just fyi.