Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
blood in post nasal drip

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

blood in post nasal drip

i feel like i have a head cold it been about a week and today i went to the bathroom and spit mucus for the top of my mouth like it felt like it came from the back of my nose and it was all blood like a ball of blood and thick with some mucus after doing that i felt way better what could it have been i would like to also mention that i have constant post nasal drip its been going on for 5 years i cant go 5 minutes without spitting mucus.
The chronic nasal inflammation that causes post-nasal drip can also occur the nasal tissues to bleed more readily than they would otherwise.  That is probably was happened but if bleeding recurs, you should arrange for a doctor’s examination; ideally a doctor who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the Ear Nose and Throat (ENT).  You could then, also discuss treatment of the post-nasal drip.

Good luck