Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
chronic sinusits

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

chronic sinusits

Hi i was wonder if any of the Doctors can help me. I am sneezing out green and yellow congestion I also get terrible headaches migraines with this ive been doing this for a good 3 years now. well its been worse since i had a sinus operation and endocope sinus surgery
I went to a allergist locally he gave me a pnemonema shot he wrote out for blood work pre then post right after i got the phemonema shot i got the blood work they took several different viles from me then 4 weeks later another blood test that was one vile when i went back the first blood test he thought he would need to give me some type of iv he didnt really go into depth about this. but then he looked at the new blood test and all the numbers jumped up.He said im not allergic to anything. He wouldnt even test me for food he said thats not neccassary he is not gonna waste his time. But why am i having these Chronic infections that wont go away and its dark green and yellow and green pus. doctors gave me augment 875 twice a day been on it 15 days been on it for a month now they want to give it to me for 3 times a day and my insurance medicaid its an insurance for people thats on ssi its different in every state. wont cover the 3 times a day .  When i take the antibotic (antibiotic) i feel better say i take the augmentin 875 it works in your system for 12 hours as the medicine expires to the next dose i either get a sinus headache as the anti botic runs out then when i take the other one im fine again i dont know what my problem is.  I been on  Prevacid 30mg twice daily for gerd {barrets} and navane for schizphrenia 2mg 4 in the evening i been on that for 7 years but i increased the dose gradually  i started on 2 mg daily  and i gradully went up through out the years. im also on gabapentin and topamax but there new drugs i just started about 6 months ago, hope you can give me some suggestions.
What you describe does not support the conclusion that you are "…not allergic to anything".  You may want to get a second opinion from a different board certified allergist, if you have quoted the current allergist correctly as, "…not gonna waste his time."

You should try to persuade your doctors to culture the "green and yellow congestion" for bacteria, including partially anaerobic bacteria and atypical bacteria that can cause sinusitis, and for molds and fungi.  Some fungi can set up an allergic reaction, resulting in allergic fungal sinusitis.  In some instances, chronic Staphylococcal infection can cause infectious sinusitis directly or, in the presence of nasal polyps, can cause chronic inflammation of the sinuses by the release of endotoxin in the sinuses.

As an alternative to asking your current doctors to order cultures, you would do well to arrange for consultation with an infectious disease specialist, who would be more likely to order any and all appropriate cultures necessary to select the optimum therapy, and that is what must be done if you are to get relief.  You can then ask the infectious disease specialist to refer you to another ENT, with a special interest in sinusitis.

Good luck.