Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
facial pressure and fever

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

facial pressure and fever

I came down with the cough a couple days ago. Now I have a cough runny nose and my face is hurting from congestion and have a slight fever of 99. This is my second pregnancy in over 13 years and I don't want to be worried but can't help but be. What should I take or do for all my symptoms without harming my child?  
Your description suggests that you have a bad cold and might even have a sinus infection, perhaps even one that will require antibiotic therapy.  Your concern about the possible adverse  effect of drugs on your baby is most appropriate.  I strongly suggest that you call your primary care physician or your obstetrician to ask that, given the stage of your pregnancy (1st, 2nd or 3rd trimester) what drugs might be safe and effective.  It would be inappropriate for me to recommend specific drugs by E-mail.

Good luck