Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
hives

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

hives
I have been diagnosed with chronic "autoimmune" hives for about two yrs.  Have had ups and downs.  I'm on a down right now but still get occasional durable hives.  Couple of weeks ago I got a hive on my eye lid and it never went away.  It's just a little bump.  It would itch occasionally.  Then couple of days ago I got another one just underneath it.  Very small, but it's still visible and it's itching like crazy.  My hives usually disappear in 2-24hrs, but this time it's still there.   Is this something different?  Will the bumps ever go away?
What you describe falls within the spectrum of autoimmune urticaria, commonly called hives.  The chances are good that the "bumps" will resolve.

To learn more please read our hives (urticaria) information by copying and pasting this address http://www.nationaljewish.org/disease-info/diseases/allergy/about/conditions/hives.aspx into the address window of your internet browser.