Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
horrible allergies!!
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

horrible allergies!!

The last few days I have come down with allergies like never before. My nose is a constant faucet then stuffed beyond belief, to the point where I can barely breathe. I have taken Zyrtec and have saline spray for my nose but it's not helping. I am SOO miserable! Is there anything else I can do to help alleviate these allergies?? Please HELP!!
242587_tn?1355427710
Your description is consistent with a rather severe allergic reaction.  The medication most likely to give you symptom relief would be a nasal steroid inhaler.  These, I am afraid, are all by prescription so you might want to your doctor or one of his/her assistants.  It would be wise to continue to take the Zyrtec.

The other thing you can do is to strive to avoid the allergens most likely to be responsible for your symptoms.  Physical avoidance or the wearing of a pollen collecting mask would help.

Good luck
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
242587_tn?1355427710
David Tinkelman, M.D.Blank
National Jewish Health
Denver, CO
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank