Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
if i get pregnant?

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

if i get pregnant?

Hello, i have a beginning of asthma and me and my housband want to have a baby,  will i have problems because of it?

The answer to your question is, maybe.  It is estimated that of women with asthma who are pregnant:  1/3 experience improvement in asthma, 1/3 have no change in asthma and 1/3 experience asthma worsening.

Most important, however, is the understanding that asthma is a very controllable disease, the drugs used to treat are safe for both mother and baby and when the mother’s response to treatment is not optimum, consultation with an expert on the treatment of asthma during pregnancy is strongly recommended.  Less than optimum therapy poses risks for both mother and child.

Good luck with having a baby and for an uneventful pregnancy.
Thank you very much, i'll take on consideration ur advices!