Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
poison ivy?

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

poison ivy?

So I've never had an issue with poison ivy before so I don't know if it could be. My bf and I had unprotected sex a few days ago and we've both kind of have the same thing going on down there. He went to the doc Monday and they said it WA poison ivy and gave him a cream. Could this mean I have it in my vagina!? It's irritated and very itchy and kinda starting to hurt. If so, what do I do???
It could be that you both have poison ivy or, equally likely, that the two of you are having an allergic or irritant reaction from a cream, ointment or lotion that might have been used.

The first thing to do is to take great care, given the possibility that this might be poison ivy, to avoid touching the involved area and then transferring the causative agent to other parts of your body.  Poison ivy can involve any part of one’s surface anatomy, including the mouth.  The second is to have your vagina examined by a physician with knowledge of diseases of the vagina, to get confirmation and treatment based on his/her observations and diagnosis.

Good luck