Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
sheetrock and ezcema(eczema)

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

sheetrock and ezcema(eczema)

I need help from a professional.  My kitchen is currently under renovation.  The contractor I hired supposes to replace all the cabinet and the counter top.  In the process of removing the old counter top, they ripped a big hole from the sheet rock behind the back splash.  The electric wire, the insulation, the copper pipe and the sheet rock has been exposed.  I demanded to fix the wall before putting the new counter top.  They fixed the hole by nailing a pine wood just to cover partial of the hole.  And then they put back the new counter top which cover all the holes on the wall but there is a gap between the wall and the back splash.  My question is for the short/long term, will it cause health problem?  I have a 17 months old baby with ezcema (eczema) in the house, will it cause her health?  Will it end up with asbestos damage?  Thank you for your time.

Johnny Chan