I need help from a professional. My kitchen is currently under renovation. The contractor I hired supposes to replace all the cabinet and the counter top. In the process of removing the old counter top, they ripped a big hole from the sheet rock behind the back splash. The electric wire, the insulation, the copper pipe and the sheet rock has been exposed. I demanded to fix the wall before putting the new counter top. They fixed the hole by nailing a pine wood just to cover partial of the hole. And then they put back the new counter top which cover all the holes on the wall but there is a gap between the wall and the back splash. My question is for the short/long term, will it cause health problem? I have a 17 months old baby with ezcema in the house, will it cause her health? Will it end up with asbestos damage? Thank you for your time.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.