Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
sneezing and fatigue = allergies?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

sneezing and fatigue = allergies?

For as long as I can remember, whenever I got too overtired from an abnormal sleep schedule, I'll start sneezing like crazy. My nose gets stuffy and my eyes even itch a little. But its mainly just the sneezing. Is this allergy related?
Related Discussions
242587_tn?1355427710
No way for me to be sure, but I suspect that your sneezing is allergy related and that the fatigue predisposes you to a worse-than-usual reaction to allergen exposure.  The other possibility is that your “abnormal sleep schedule” may alter the length of time you are in bed (asleep or awake) and may even change your breathing pattern during sleep resulting in higher exposure to the allergens in your bedroom (or wherever you are sleeping). The other possibility is that maybe the “abnormal sleep schedule”  is a result of your spending more time at work and a greater exposure to allergens at work.

You might begin by sleeping in a different spot in your home and, perhaps, premedicate with an over-the-counter anti-histamine.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
242587_tn?1355427710
David Tinkelman, M.D.Blank
National Jewish Health
Denver, CO
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker