Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
sneezing and fatigue = allergies?

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

sneezing and fatigue = allergies?

For as long as I can remember, whenever I got too overtired from an abnormal sleep schedule, I'll start sneezing like crazy. My nose gets stuffy and my eyes even itch a little. But its mainly just the sneezing. Is this allergy related?
No way for me to be sure, but I suspect that your sneezing is allergy related and that the fatigue predisposes you to a worse-than-usual reaction to allergen exposure.  The other possibility is that your “abnormal sleep schedule” may alter the length of time you are in bed (asleep or awake) and may even change your breathing pattern during sleep resulting in higher exposure to the allergens in your bedroom (or wherever you are sleeping). The other possibility is that maybe the “abnormal sleep schedule”  is a result of your spending more time at work and a greater exposure to allergens at work.

You might begin by sleeping in a different spot in your home and, perhaps, premedicate with an over-the-counter anti-histamine.