Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
"stuffy nose

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

"stuffy nose
I have a "stuffy nose" for most of my adult life (20 years). In the past when I have had a head xray (for headach's ) I am always told i have a nasal infection. Eithe one side or the other is "stuffy" all the time. Is there anything I can do?
The first thing is to determine if the "stuffy nose" is due to infection or allergy.  Consultation with a board certified allergist could provide the answer.  Then, with that knowledge, the appropriate treatment could be prescribed.  In any event, daily nasal washes or irrigations would almost certainly be of benefit.  To learn more about this technique please read our nasal wash treatment information by copying and pasting this address

http://www.nationaljewish.org/disease-info/treatments/alt-ther/nasal-wash.aspx

into the address window of your internet browser.  Share this information with your doctor to see if you would benefit from this daily treatment.