Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
what should i take?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

what should i take?

I'm 27 and last week I put on a t shirt and started breakfast for my daughter's and I felt itchy and hot skin so I took off my shirt and I was red and blotchy all over arms and chest. So this happened a few more time now it's on my face and neck as well. After taking benadryl the rash goes away but the benadryl makes me feel terrible the rest of the day. I need to know what I can or should take to help with the rash when it happens that's not going to make me feel bad after taking it??
242587_tn?1355427710
The first thing is to never again wear this t-shirt or any other shirts of that brand.  The second is to try to figure out what product in the t-shirt caused your allergic reaction:  fabric, dyes, other chemicals and detergent.

There are two classes of antihistamines:  Referred to as First Generation and Second Generation or Sedating vs. Non-sedating.  Benadryl is a first generation drug and does cause sedation.  Second generation drugs, Zyrtec and Claritin are over-the-counter drugs and do not cause sedation.  The second generation drugs might not elicit the worrisome and uncomfortable symptoms that you have experienced with the Benadryl.

Good luck
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949