Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
what should i take?

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

what should i take?

I'm 27 and last week I put on a t shirt and started breakfast for my daughter's and I felt itchy and hot skin so I took off my shirt and I was red and blotchy all over arms and chest. So this happened a few more time now it's on my face and neck as well. After taking benadryl the rash goes away but the benadryl makes me feel terrible the rest of the day. I need to know what I can or should take to help with the rash when it happens that's not going to make me feel bad after taking it??
The first thing is to never again wear this t-shirt or any other shirts of that brand.  The second is to try to figure out what product in the t-shirt caused your allergic reaction:  fabric, dyes, other chemicals and detergent.

There are two classes of antihistamines:  Referred to as First Generation and Second Generation or Sedating vs. Non-sedating.  Benadryl is a first generation drug and does cause sedation.  Second generation drugs, Zyrtec and Claritin are over-the-counter drugs and do not cause sedation.  The second generation drugs might not elicit the worrisome and uncomfortable symptoms that you have experienced with the Benadryl.

Good luck