Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
wheezing problem

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

wheezing problem

I am 25 years old and have a 3 month old daughter and i am breastfeeding her.......I used to take asthalin rotocaps for my wheezing problem.........which i used to take in a rotohaler(2 years back).......

I havent got that wheezing problem in 2 years......

I am planning a trip to india in may and i am worried if i get my wheezing problem back........is it safe to take asthalin rotocaps as i am breastfeeding her..........

Please do reply..help me out...........

Tags: wheezing
It is unknown if Asthalin Rotocaps (albuterol sulfate) is excreted in breast milk.  Basically the safety of this during breast feeding has not been confirmed, thus caution is advised.

What is most important is that the potential benefit for you justifies the potential risks to your nursing infant.  You must be breathing well, so you can continue to breastfeed your daughter.

Albuterol has a long track record of use in the treatment of asthma without harmful effects for the breast feeding infant.  You should discuss any further concerns with your doctor, including the possibility of a different inhaled medicine for wheezing.

I hope that you will not need to use any asthma medicine in India.

Good luck.
hey wanted to ask you about your wheezing . i am told i have asthma but have found out i also have a very bad sinus infection, , i wheez alot but not really having a breathing problem, its just the wheez is there and i feel it in there but no breathing problem. i have gotton another cold so i do cough some to.  on meds for my sinus which i have had since last oct. can you tell me if your wheez feels like when you breath out it rolls up to your windpipe i mean you can feel it there . but cough nothing comes up. sorry if not make since just trying to fiqure if i really have asthma. thanks hope the dr answers you .