Asthma and Allergy Expert Forum
white cough

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Allergies, Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

white cough
over a month i started cold.now my cold is clear and feeling free from cold. after cold now generating white cough regularly. this is more productive when i getting foods / drink. 1st i would like to know the reason of contineous generation of cough and permanet treatment also. I am 47 years old and my weight is 85 kgs.with height 6 feet.seeking your expert advise please.

thanks

s.yadav
It is not at all uncommon for a cough to develop or persist after complete clinical resolution of a cold, and cold symptoms.  The cold is caused by one of a variety of viruses and these same viruses can increase the sensitivity of cough receptors (nerve endings) in the throat, larynx and even the bronchial tubes, especially in those who have in the past had any symptoms of asthma.  Your cough should begin to subside over the next month.  If it does not, that would be reason to consult with your doctor, given the possibility that your cough proves to be other than what I have proposedl.

Good  luck