Aa
A
A
Close
ADVAIR---took away my voice (temp)
I tried to take ADVAIR  (love the design) but after one week--everytime I wanted to talk--I had to constantly clear my throat!   I could never have more than a few minutes without having to clear my throat!

Anyone else with this problem?  AND my voice sounded like it was "cracky" or like getting over brochitis!
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
739294 tn?1235693267
hi
i didn't have that problem, but i did find that advair didn't work for me, even at the highest dose.  i got put on pulmicort and foradil that did wonders for me and last month i got put on symbicort which is a combo of the pulmicort and foradil.  Maybe symbicort would not cause you these symptoms?  

good luck
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Hey Marcy,
I've had Athma ever since I was born & I was on ADVAIR when I was a child and I've never had that happend to me. =D I think ADVAIR is one of the medicine they should take off from Doctor's & Medical places since it doesn't help others & you loose your voice. I really do hope you get better. =) God bless you.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
746512 tn?1388811180
one of the sideeffects is hoaresness and you can lose your voice.  I've been using Advair for a week and a half and I do have to clear my throat more than normal but haven't had any problems with losing my voice.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Asthma Community Resources