Asthma Community
Advair causing severe twitching?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to asthma, asthma control, breathing difficulty, bronchodilators, children's asthma, drug allergies, exercise-induced asthma, house dust and indoor allergens, pets, school issues, and sports activity.

Advair causing severe twitching?

Hey there, I am almost 20 and have had asthma my entire life which mostly is bad during allergy seasons and when I do physical activity. most of the time a rescue inhalor has been enough to get me through activities if i take a couple puffs about 30 mins before i do the activity. I have been on advair off and on though during times of increased actvity, mostly during sports when its nice to be able to breathe better. I just got back on it about 3 months ago because I am trying to lose weight and train for a half marathon or marathon which is going well. My only problem is that in the last month or two I have developed a severe muscle twitch. It is a full body twitch when ever I am sitting still or laying down.  It happens about every min or two and is extremly annoying. Luckily it doesnt happen when I am moving around or driving but I am worried it will happen then too. I can tell when I am going to twich about 20 sec before I do and it is a terrible feeling like my muscles are preloading for the twitch. Can advair causing twitching like this? It is really the only new thing that has been constant in the last few months. I really dont want to find out I have something terrible like MS or parkinsons or something. I want to rule out the other stuff first. Also how long does advair stay in your system. I want to try to go off it and see if I stop twitching. I can live with just the albuterol for awhile if need be. Thanks for any answers or suggestions!